Inauguration of Indian Sports Academy
Indian Sports Academy – Cricket (ISA Cricket) was inaugurated on Tuesday 8th December 2015 at Wilson College Gymkhana, Marine Drive, Mumbai by the hands of India’s finest cricket celebrities Zaheer Khan, Ajit Agarkar, Rohit Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane. It was inaugurated with a night match of Ranji Trophy players and few Indian Team Players.
ISA Cricket is an initiative of Indian Sports Academy Ltd. RiddiSiddhi Bullions Ltd. (RSBL), one of the biggest bullion houses of India, will be running Indian Sports Academy Ltd. where the ISA cricket programme has been meticulously designed by an Advisory Board led by Abhishek Nayar (Mumbai cricketer and former India international), along with Dr. Kinjal Suratwala, (ex- Head, Sports Science and Coach Education, National Cricket Academy), Omkar Salvi (Bowling coach, Mumbai Cricket Association) and Rahul Patwardhan (Strength and Conditioner, Mumbai Ranji team). As a CSR initiative, RSBL has adopted 40 kids, who have cricket talents but no resources.
Mr. Prithviraj Kothari, Chairman of RSBL is an extremely sports loving person, cricket in particular. On this occasion, he said “I am glad to take a part in this journey of bringing out the best cricketing talents in India. Under the expert guidance of Abhishek Nayar and his team, I am sure ISA would reach new heights and the Kids would be developed to face the bests of the world.” ISA Cricket does not only provide with cricket training but making cricketer a complete athlete with its state of the art coaching by experienced coaches with their vivid methodologies and strategies for not just to play but to understand cricket.
On this occasion, Abhishek Nayar commented “ ‘Indian Sports Academy – Cricket’ is a project with a vision to develop Cricket Training schools where a holistic development of budding youngsters will be undertaken under qualified and experienced professionals. It will emerge as one stop centre for total cricket development.” The salient features of the Academy include:
- 40 selected youngsters will be given full annual scholarship to use all the facilities of the Academy.
- Only private Academy providing for all areas of sports excellence under one roof – technical, tactical, physical and mental
- Accredited coaches who are first class cricketers including Amit Pagnis, Milind Tamhane, Onkar Khanvilkar, Bhavin Thakkar and Wilkin Mota will conduct the daily sessions along with a team of qualified trainers, physiotherapists and a nutritionist.
- Year round academy to be complimented by short camps for cricketers from outside the city.
- Personalised coaching and training facilities will be made available including evening sessions under floodlights.
- Continued education programmes for Cricket Coaches and Strength and Conditioner’s will be conducted by renowned faculty.
- Master class sessions by legends of Indian cricket will be held periodically.
Enrolment for the open category has commenced. ISA Cricket Academy will operate at Wilson College Gymkhana from Tuesdays to Saturdays between 7 AM to 9.30 AM and 3.30 PM to 6 PM.
Courtesy by www.businesswire.com