Teenager struggles with excruciating pain after parasite burrowed into her eye
Eyes are delicate body parts and one needs to be extra careful to prevent medical conditions to inflict damage on them. While there are a number of ailments associated with eyes, some can really make life a constant struggle.
19-year-old Skye Wheeler has been battling excruciating pain and exhaustion which have confined her to one room. The ordeal started when she was 14 and a parasite burrowed into her eye before eating away at it.
The parasite is found in tap water and is believed to have entered through a droplet of water between her eye and contact lens. It has caused an infection which can blind Skye or even lead to her death.